Here are the top 10 lines to know by heart:
1. “Connecticut is the place to be”— The sample of Michael Feinstein’s “Connecticut” sets the tone for the whole song. (Also, it was probably good that this song was released in September and not January, when Connecticut is not usually at the top of peoples’ “Places to Be” lists.)
2. “Toad’s place shows where the sickest MCs flow”—Like Snoop Dogg and Chief Keef (too soon?). Franc Grams played there once!
3. “Out in pistol wavin’ New Haven; it’s all peace though”—That’s us!!!! Wave back with your non-pistol-wielding hand!
4. “All my lesbians in Lebanon I hit the town with”— Which Lebanon? Oh!!! The one in CT!!!
5. “I got women out in Clinton that discount my kicks/ So to get an outfit I go and hit the outlets”—Always a good idea to network.
6. “I met her at Hot Jam, she never heard my music / But seen my billboard along CT8, great”—If you want to get chicks, put your face on a billboard. Also I counted three times when Franc blatantly stares at “the bad shorty’s” chest. Ugh, Franc.
7. “CT till I die 860, 203”—We’re one of only two states with TWO area codes! The other is Utah!
8. “Hard hittin’ new Britain with the niggas that all clap”—Watch the whole video for a peek at a “NEW F*CKIN’ BRITAIN” t-shirt
9. “Getting’ hella paper, from Ocean Beach to the Crystal pissy elevators”—I’m not sure what “pissy elevators” means, but I will take the stairs just in case.
I’m declining to choose a 10th best line because Franc Grams forgot to mention Yale during the song. Let’s try to get a shout-out on “Connecticut (Remix), part II ft. 2 Chainz.”
Here’s the whole track: